Regulated activities are defined in the QFC Financial Services Regulations (FSR), which sets out the framework for the regulation of the financial services sector operating from the QFC.
If you wish to carry on one or more of the following regulated activities, you must obtain authorisation from the QFC Regulatory Authority. In addition, you must also hold a certificate of incorporation or registration issued by the Company Registration Office and be licensed by the QFC Authority.
The 12 Regulated Activities:
- Deposit taking
- Effecting a contract of insurance
- Carrying out a contract of insurance
- Dealing in investments
- Arranging deals in investments
- Providing credit facilities
- Arranging credit facilities
- Providing custody services
- Arranging the provision of custody services
- Managing investments
- Advising on investments
- Operating a collective investment fund
A firm may not carry on a regulated activity in or from the QFC without authorisation from the QFC Regulatory Authority.