The governance framework of the Board of Directors of the QFC Regulatory Authority is made up of elements set out in the relevant legislation and in the Governance Resolution adopted by the Board in September 2006 and reviewed and amended by the Board in March 2012, March 2015 and December 2017.
The relevant legislation is:
- Article 8 of the Qatar Financial Centre Law (Law No. 7 of 2005) (the QFC Law); and
- The Financial Services Regulations (the FSR) enacted by the Council of Ministers under Article 9 of the QFC Law.
The QFC Law and the FSR provide for the Board of the QFC Regulatory Authority, its constitution, membership, duties and powers.
The principal matters dealt with in the Governance Resolution are:
- The respective roles of the Board, the Chairman and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO);
- The establishment of two Board committees: an Audit and Risk Committee and a Nominations and Remuneration Committee;
- The Board’s policy on various other governance matters; and
- Certain delegations and decision-making processes within the QFC Regulatory Authority.
- The QFC and the QFC Regulatory Authority
- QFC Affiliated Organisations
- QFC Regulatory Authority Structure
- Qatar’s Strategy for Financial Regulation
- The Financial Stability and Risk Control Committee
- Board Governance
- Board of Directors
- The Executive Team
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Contact Us