If you do not consent to the use of certain non-essential cookies, please disable them following the instructions in a cookie pop-up window appearing when you first visit our website, so that the disabled cookies from this website cannot be placed on your device.
What are Cookies and how do we use them?
Cookies are data packets that computers send back and forth without altering or changing the data. They are also known as web cookies, Internet cookies, browser cookies, or HTTP cookies. They consist of information sent to and stored on your computer when you visit a website.
Your computer stores that information in a file within your browser.
By and large, cookies are used to:
- Help website visitors complete different tasks, such as filling out forms (autocomplete, etc.) on the site without having to re-enter the information if the user visits the site again later;
- Remember visitor’s preferences;
- Recognize the visitor’s device;
- Measure how often users visit the website, which pages they visit and identify the geographical location of the visitor for statistical purpose.
What types of cookies do we use?
We use both session cookies (which exist only until you close your web session) and persistent cookies (which exist for a longer, specified period of time). The type of cookies used on this website are listed below:
- Strictly necessary Cookies – These cookies are essential to make our website work correctly as they enable you to move around our website and use its features. Examples include remembering previous actions (e.g. entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session.
- Performance/Analytics Cookies – These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our website by providing information about the areas visited, the time spent on the website, any issues encountered, such as error messages, and other information. This helps us improve the performance of our website.
All our cookies are first-party cookies – they are placed on a user’s device directly by the website. A first-party cookie is created and stored by the website. It allows collecting visitor’s analytics data, remember language settings, and carrying out other useful functions that help provide a good user experience. For more information about the Performance/Analytics Cookies we use please see below table.
|Performance / Analytics
|The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.
|Performance / Analytics
|The cookie is used to distinguish users.
|Performance / Analytics
|The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visited in an anonymous form.
|The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Performance”.
|The cookie is used to remember the user consent for the cookies under the category “Analytics”.
|The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Others”.
|The cookie is used to affinitise a user to an instance of a Web App.
|The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Necessary”.
|The ARRAffinitySameSite cookies are used to help load balance your application.
|The cookie is used to record the user consent for the cookies in the category “Functional”.
Are cookies Harmful?
Generally, cookies do not contain any malware or viruses in it that can potentially harm your computer; however, we do not make any warranty that the cookies used by our website are malware- or virus-free. Also, they cannot access any other personal information from the users’ computer (apart from the information that is necessary to accomplish the main purpose of a cookie), nor do they contain any executable code.
How to manage cookies?
You can manage your cookie settings when you make a first visit to our website and are suggested to select appropriate cookies. After you select cookie preferences, to remove or disable the accepted cookies you need to follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility). However, please be aware that, if you refuse or disable cookies, some of the website’s functionality may be lost.
How do we collect data?
We may collect your data when you:
- Fill out the Contact Us form
- Subscribe to QFCRA news alerts
- Submit complaints related to a QFC firm
- Register to events according to your interest.
What kind of information do we collect?
- Personal information (name, email address and contact numbers)
- Organisational information (organisation name, address, and email etc…)
- IP addresses, device, browser, page(s) or content visited during a session and geographical location.
How to contact us?
Qatar Financial Centre Regulatory Authority
Level 14, QFC Tower 1P.O. Box 22989, Doha, Qatar
+974 44 95 68 88
+974 44 95 68 68