Board Members & Chairman
Each Board member is to act:
- In accordance with the QFC Law and other QFC legislation and (to the extent not inconsistent with the QFC Law and other legislation) the terms of his or her appointment by the Council of Ministers, and in particular, in accordance with and furtherance of the Regulatory Objectives set out in article 12 of the FSR;
- Honestly, in good faith and in the best interests of the QFC Regulatory Authority;
- In relation to any particular matter, in accordance with any applicable quasi-judicial or public or administrative law responsibilities; and
- In accordance with all Board resolutions (including in relation to conflicts of interest, confidentiality and ethics).
A Board member must not bring the name or reputation of the Qatar Financial Centre, the QFC Regulatory Authority, the QFC Authority or the Government of Qatar into disrepute by any act or omission, regardless of whether he or she is acting as a Board member, and of where the act or omission occurs.
Each Board member is entitled:
- To be supplied with relevant information (subject to any conflict of interest); and
- To have access to professional advice in particular instances.
The QFC Law provides for the appointment of a Chairman. The Governance Resolution specifies the responsibilities of the Chairman.